If you haven’t heard about Impressions invisible aligners, they are a new and discreet way to straighten your teeth at home. Unlike traditional metal braces, these invisible aligners are made from medical grade plastic material that is molded after a 3D digitized scan is taken of your teeth.
Your Impressions invisible aligners will arrive at your door about 6 weeks after your initial consultation and 3D scan. In fact, your Impressions box will contain not only your set of aligners, but also everything else you’ll need to stay on track with your personalized treatment plan. Most patients complete their treatment within 6 months.
If you are an adult that needs orthodontic treatment in 2019, you have quite a few options available to you. We just wanted to show you how Impressions compares to traditional metal braces and other at-home invisible aligners.
Impressions Vs Traditional Metal Braces
Let’s be honest, no one wants to have a mouth full of metal as an adult. It’s tough not to be a little self-conscious if you’re going into that all-important interview or on that first date. This is why advancements like Invisalign made such a big difference for adult orthodontics. This technology made it so that you could straighten your teeth in a much more discreet fashion.
First, we do need to state that for more complex orthodontic issues, traditional braces may be required. Luckily, our Impressions aligners can be used to treat the majority of orthodontic issues that adults face.
There are several distinct advantages that invisible aligners like Impressions have over traditional braces, including:
- Most people won’t even know that you’re wearing invisible aligners when you’re talking to them.
- Invisible aligners are much more convenient than traditional braces due to the fact that they can be removed when you want to eat, drink and brush your teeth.
- At home invisible aligners like impressions require much fewer in office visits to complete your treatment.
- Invisible aligners are also much easier to clean than traditional metal braces.
- Impressions aligners cost half as much as traditional braces for adults.
Impressions Vs Other At-Home Invisible Aligners
Deciding between invisible aligners and metal braces is a pretty easy one if you qualify. However, there are several different at-home invisible aligner providers. Choosing the right one can be difficult. If you live in North Carolina, you should consider Impressions and here’s why!
Why We Start with a 3D Scan Every Time
Other invisible aligner companies offer at-home kits that you can use to take that first impression of your teeth. Unfortunately, we’ve found that these kits often lead to bad first impressions and a delayed start to your treatment. Since Impressions was created by a diamond level Invisalign orthodontist, starting with an accurate scan of the teeth was extremely important.
Those at home impression kits seem like a great idea at first, but there are many ways that things can go wrong. Here are four of the main issues people seem to have with these at-home impressions kits:
- The trays you receive may not be the right size, meaning that you’ll have to send them back and wait even longer to start your treatment.
- The process you must follow in order to mix the putty may not go as planned. Since this kit comes with two types of putty, it must be completely mixed together and then molded into the tray. Once you start mixing the putties, they start to harden. So you have about one minute to properly mix the putty, place it in the tray and then into your mouth in order to get a proper impression. When done at home, there are only so many ways that this can go wrong.
- So you managed to get through that entire process without any issues, but now it comes to actually getting a perfect impression from your tray. If for some reason you are able to keep the tray steady during this process, you can end up with a double imprint of your teeth and gums or a distortion of the shape and length of your teeth.
- If you’re able to take an at-home impression without any issues, this entire process needs to be repeated at least three more times without error.
With Impressions, we can deliver 100% percent accuracy each time, because we always start treatment with a 3D iTero of your teeth! It’s quick, painless and carried out by a trained professional. The scan also doesn’t leave a bad taste in your mouth like the putty from the at-home impressions kits do.
After your 3-D scan, you’ll also get to see what your teeth will look like after treatment BEFORE YOU EVER GET STARTED or pay for anything. Everyone loves a good before and after! Other at-home aligner companies don’t offer this.
Our Invisible Aligners Are Produced With Higher Quality Material
In order to save money, other at home invisible aligner companies have chosen to use cheaper material in order to produce their aligners. Obviously, this isn’t something that they would advertise but the results can be quite shocking…
Impressions aligners use the same high-quality material that Invisalign uses. It means our trays are more durable and will not smash like some of “the other guys.” With lower quality trays, you run the risk of experiencing complications that can extend the length of your treatment.
Impressions Connects You With a Real Orthodontist
Impressions was created by Dr. Luke Roberts, the award-winning orthodontist behind Blue Ridge Orthodontics in Western North Carolina. He developed Impressions with a singular goal, to bring affordable orthodontic care to more people in North Carolina. Studies have shown that most Americans would benefit from some kind of Orthodontic Care, but only a relatively small percentage can actually afford it.
If you choose Impressions invisible aligners, then you will be connected with an actual orthodontist. You will get to meet him or her at your first appointment and they will develop a customized treatment plan for your smile. You don’t need to feel like they’re going through this treatment on your own. While you were still able to enjoy all of the added convenience of at home teeth straightening, you can reach out to one of our orthodontist with questions or concerns at any point.
For those who go with some of those other providers, they may not have orthodontist that they can reach out to if they have questions. Instead you will likely be directed to a customer service number for any questions or concerns.
Yes convenience is important, but who are you going to feel more confident with when it comes to correcting your smile? An orthodontist you can meet in person or a customer support representative?
Impressions Accounts For Your Bite & Overall Health
Other at-home invisible aligners are solely focused on straightening your teeth. At Impressions, our doctors are not only concerned with straightening your teeth, but we also want to achieve the best results without impacting your bite or long-term oral health. This is something that can only be guaranteed by having a real orthodontist sit down with you and examine your teeth and mouth before starting treatment.
With other providers, this isn’t always the case and that can lead to some significant issues in the long run.
It’s great that in 2019, adults who need orthodontic care have so many options available to them. If you are considering Impressions invisible aligners, here are a few more things that you may also want to know.
- We accept most insurance providers for Impressions treatment.
- Impressions offers an extended payment plan as well.
- The ImpressionsHubs are located in real orthodontic clinics, not in a tent, a bus, a mall or a pop-up shop.
- Walk in consultations are available to you with Impressions, most other companies don’t have an office to walk into, and when they do, it’s by appt.
- You can upgrade to comprehensive Invisalign if desired thanks to the fact that Impressions is run by a diamond level Invisalign orthodontist.