For patients seeking a legitimate “at-home” alternative to Invisalign, we are proud to introduce Impressions!
The Impressions invisible aligners are the best product in the at-home category for 3 key reasons:
- We guarantee perfect impressions because our treatment begins with a 3D iTero scan of the your teeth.
- We’ve developed Impressions based on Invisalign’s cutting-edge system, so you are getting a high-quality product backed by the best materials in the clear aligner industry.
- Your treatment plan has been developed by a Diamond-level Invisalign provider. Rest assured that you wouldn’t be getting that level of treatment from any other Invisalign alternative.
Want to see if you’re a candidate for Impressions?
Impressions Starts with a Scan
Alright, so you think you are a candidate for Impressions, that’s great! If you’re ready to have a smile that’s truly worth beaming about, it is super easy to get started with Impressions. Here’s how it works:
- Complete our candidate form and set a time for your initial scan at an ImpressionsHub.
- On that day, you’ll come in and meet with our orthodontic specialists.
- We’ll take a quick scan of your teeth using our 3D digital iTero scanner.
- You will receive your Impressions kit (link to post about what is in the Impressions Kit) in the mail in 6 weeks.
- Follow your treatment plan.
- Make an incredible impression with your new smile in 6 to 9 months.
You might be wondering why we don’t offer at home impressions as a part of this orthodontic treatment. While this is something that other Invisalign competitors offer, there is a specific reason we start each Impressions treatment with a 3D scan – because it is far too easy to make a bad first impression with those do-it-yourself at home kits.
4 Reasons Why We Use 3D Scans for Impressions
1) Trays Aren’t the Right Size
You’re excited to take your first impression of your smile, and you find out that the trays you received are not the right size. This is certainly a bummer – and, yes, it does happen. This is especially disappointing if you had planned your treatment schedule around a special event (like your graduation or wedding) in 6 to 9 months. Now you find yourself facing an unexpected delay and having to wait even longer to achieve the smile of your dreams. You’ll have to ship the original trays back and wait for a while to get your adjusted tray size.
2) Putty Mixing Issues
If the size of the trays is correct, then you have the putty/impression mold to deal with next. You need to make sure that the gray and purple putty is completely mixed into one solid color. If you are still seeing some purple swirls in the mix, then it isn’t going to be able to set properly and capture a perfect impression.
If you are able to mix the material properly, be ready to take that next step as the putty will begin to harden immediately. You need to have it properly placed in the tray and in your mouth within a minute. If you have any interruptions (kids in the house, a lively pet or even just a needy roommate), you could run into some issues.
3) Imperfect Impressions from the Tray
So once the putty has been put in place, then it is time to place it in your mouth. You’re probably thinking, “No issue there!” – but here’s the thing. This is more complicated than it seems on the surface. When it’s in your mouth, you need to keep that tray steady. Otherwise, you can end up with:
- A double imprint of your teeth and gums
- A distortion of the shape and length of your teeth
You need to place the tray in your mouth very carefully, and keep it in place for three and a half minutes. You’ll need to resist the urge to bite down, talk or laugh…
4) Having to Repeat the Process 3 More Times
Finally, you will need to repeat this whole process at least 3 more times. Why? Because that is the only way to ensure your aligners actually are accurate.
With Impressions, we can ensure a 100% accurate impression each time because our treatment always starts with a 3D iTero scan of your teeth!
Why Are 3D Scans Preferred?
Getting a 3D iTero scan is the fast, easy and more accurate alternative to the at-home kits our competitors rely on. Instead of worrying about whether you’ve done it correctly, one of our talented orthodontists will capture a perfect 3D image of your mouth. As your mom probably told you, first impressions are extremely important – you don’t want to mess that up!
When you visit the ImpressionsHub, you’ll meet with one of our orthodontists and use our 3D iTero scan technology to take a digital scan of your teeth.
Here are few reasons we like to use the iTero system?
- It’s non-invasive, painless, and it generates a perfect 3D image of your mouth in minutes.
- This is quick and efficient in a way that makes the putty mold impression obsolete.
- Once the scan is complete, you will have the opportunity to see your scan results and ask some questions about the Impressions program with one of our orthodontists.
What Happens After the Scan?
You’re on your way to:
- A better smile
- More confidence
- Better overall health
Following your scan, you will be able to see the results and learn a little more about the current state of your mouth – and more importantly, get a 3D preview of what your new smile is going to look like. All of this can be shared with you via email upon request.
Your Impressions Trays Are Shipped Directly to You
6 weeks after your initial consultation and 3D scan, you’ll receive the Impressions Box in the mail! This will contain your aligners and everything else you’ll need to stay on track as you embark on your new treatment plan.
Get Impressions Today
If you are a busy individual who doesn’t want to put your life on hold while transforming your smile, then Impressions is a no brainer! Impressions costs about half the price of traditional Invisalign or braces, and aligners are still made with Invisalign’s highest quality material.
Click here to see if you are a candidate for Impressions. If you have already started the program, we’d love to see how you’re progressing! Click here to join us on Facebook or share a pic on Instagram with the hashtag: #Impressionsmile